Columbus Blue Jackets Hats Authentic

#1 von dan yu , 12.02.2019 09:06

WASHINGTON (AP) — From banner to blowout www.officialbluejackets.com , the Washington Capitals‘ Stanley Cup defense is off to a rousing start.After watching the franchise’s first Cup banner ascend to the rafters, the Alex Ovechkin-led Capitals scored two goals in the first two minutes on the way to a 7-0 thrashing of the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night. T.J. Oshie opened the scoring 24 seconds in and Evgeny Kuznetsov scored the first of his two goals at 1:47 to give Washington the fastest first two goals by a defending champion in a season opener in NHL history.“We scored right away,” Ovechkin said. “After that, they were kind of in shock.”By midway through the second period, the Capitals chased goalie Tuukka Rask with five goals on 19 shots and ignited chants of “Back-to-back! Back-to-back!” from the fired-up crowd. That’s the chant Oshie started after the victory parade in June, and it was echoing throughout the arena four months later.“I said it because I believe it,” Oshie said. “We got a lot of guys in here that not too long ago were raising the Stanley Cup above our head. Not a lot’s changed.”Braden Holtby stopped all 25 shots he faced to improve to 15-2 with four shutouts against the Bruins.The emotional banner ceremony featured montages from the Capitals’ playoff run and ensuing celebrations and a roar when Ovechkin carried the freshly engraved Cup onto the ice and skated a lap with it. Minutes after Ovechkin kissed the Cup and put it back in its box, he and his teammates blew away any concern about an emotional letdown and began making a statement that they want to win it back.“We showed we’re not going to give a team easy ways to beat us,” Ovechkin said.In Todd Reirden’s first game as coach, the Capitals beat the Bruins for the 13th consecutive time, this time without Tom Wilson. Washington’s top-line right winger began his 20-game suspension for another illegal check to the head of an opponent in a preseason game.Without Wilson, the Capitals’ offense didn’t miss a beat as Ovechkin scored one of four power-play goals, Kuznetsov scored his second on the power play and John Carlson beat Boston backup Jaroslav Halak on a 5-on-3 advantage. Newcomer Nic Dowd joined the fun with a spinning back-hander, and Cup-clinching goal-scorer Lars Eller added the exclamation point with the seventh of the night.The Bruins were not pleased by Eller’s celebration, and winger Brad Marchand instigated a fight with him soon after.“His celebration was unnecessary Columbus Blue Jackets T-Shirts Authentic ,” Marchand said. “He took an angle in front of our bench and celebrated in a 7-0 game. So I just let him know.”Rask fell to 1-11-5 in his career against the Capitals with a 3.30 goals-against average and .889 save percentage that are each the second-worst of any opponent.“I’m out there to give us a chance,” Rask said. “It didn’t happen today. Three soft goals, you’ve got to look in the mirror and go fix it.”Only two goals came against Halak, whose presence on banner night in Washington was poetic after his performance for Montreal in the 2010 playoffs ended one of the Capitals’ previous best chances to win a championship.NOTES: The Capitals have outscored the Bruins 48-19 during this winning streak. … Reirden expects Wilson to appeal his suspension through the NHL Players’ Association. … Neither Reirden nor Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy would say who’s starting in goal for his team Thursday. … The Capitals set a team record for goals in an opener. … Washington C Nicklas Backstrom became the third player in franchise history to reach 800 points.UP NEXTBruins: Visit the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night in No. 1 pick Rasmus Dahlin ‘s debut.Capitals: Open the rival Penguins’ season Thursday night in Pittsburgh. LAS VEGAS (AP) — In four games back after missing 30 with an injury, Paul Stastny has made his presence known for the Vegas Golden Knights.William Karlsson and Stastny scored 1:03 apart in the third period, and Marc-Andre Fleury got his 424th career win as Vegas rallied for a 4-2 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday night.It marked the Golden Knights’ sixth straight win at home.Just over a minute after Karlsson skated down the left wing and fired one over Thomas Greiss‘ shoulder for his team-leading 14th goal at 6:22 to tie the score at 2-all, Reilly Smith — moved down from the top line to the second midway through the second period — fed Stastny, who put it in the open net with his second goal of the season to put Vegas ahead 3-2.“He’s easy to play with, he holds on to the puck, buys you that extra second to get open,” said Stastny, who has two goals and an assist in the last three games. “When you play with good players it doesn’t matter. I think a good coach will do a good job of switching two guys that will give a spark to two lines.”Defenseman Nate Schmidt had an empty-net goal and two assists and Brandon Pirri, also on the second line, scored as Vegas came back from two goals down near the midpoint of the second period. Fleury, who made 19 saves Columbus Blue Jackets Hoodies Authentic , picked up his league-leading 20th win of the season. He also broke a tie with Tony Esposito to take sole possession of ninth place on the career list, moving 13 victories behind Jacques Plante (437).“The second period we knew they were going to have a push,” Islanders coach Barry Trotz said. “I would say we weren’t as committed as we were in the first, and their commitment level got raised and they got a lot of momentum.”Mathew Barzal and Brock Nelson each scored for New York, while Greiss stopped 43 shots.Smith, who leads the team with 18 assists, said he was fine with coach Gerard Gallant’s line move, especially since he’s played with Pirri since their childhood days in Toronto, and skated with Stastny during training camp.“Two easy guys to play with,” Smith said. “Stas is a smart player and he’ll find openings and make a lot of nifty plays out there. I’ve been playing with Pirri since I was 8 years old, so there’s a lot of chemistry between us two. It’s nice, if you’re shuffling lines, to be able to play with somebody you’re so familiar with. I think we played with a lot of energy and created a lot of offense.”The Golden Knights, who completed a season series sweep of the Islanders after losing both matchups last year, are 6-3-1 in December and hold the top wild card spot in the Western Conference with 42 points.“I liked our game; we kind of fell asleep for a minute and a half late in the first period and it cost us two goals Columbus Blue Jackets Hats Authentic , and we were disappointed with that,” Gallant said. “But I thought overall we played a real good solid game and lots of scoring opportunities. The second period was real good for us.”Trailing 2-0 after one period, the Golden Knights cut the deficit in half near the midpoint of the second. Pirri, who was called up from Chicago of the AHL on Wednesday, cleaned up a rebound in the crease with backhand over Greiss’ pads at 8:48. In three career games with the Golden Knights, Pirri has four goals.“I got to witness some playoff games last year and this building is pretty electric,” Pirri said. “So when you get this opportunity you want to make the most of it. After I scored it was pretty loud, so it was pretty fun.”Schmidt’s empty-net goal with 15 seconds left provided the final margin.The Golden Knights had a goal negated when Trotz challenged that Alex Tuch skated offsides prior to New York’s Ryan Pulock sliding into Greiss and the net while bringing the puck with him.Barzal gave the Islanders a 1-0 lead with 1:30 left in the first period, and Nelson doubled it just 1:08 later.NOTES: Vegas D Colin Miller (undisclosed injury) was out for the first time since the Golden Knights joined the league last season. Karlsson is the only player to appear in all of the second-year franchise’s games. … Of Pirri’s 61 career goals, 19 of them have come on the power play. … Luca Sbisa, who played 30 games with Vegas last season, returned to T-Mobile Arena for the first time as an Islander.UP NEXTIslanders: At Dallas on Sunday.Golden Knights: Host Montreal on Saturday.

dan yu  
dan yu

The Kings went on to win
Penguins’ second of the season

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor