The 49ers get to play each opponent twice a season

#1 von panxing18 , 25.02.2019 06:39

Guess what the beautiful thing about in-division football is? — so there’s always another to avenge their first loss against a divisional foe.This past week Ronnie Lott Color Rush Jersey , the 49ers headed to their house of horrors, Century Link Field, to take on a surging Seahawks’ team, who are looking to make a playoff run this season. San Francisco couldn’t get anything on offense going in the first half, only managing to put up three points, while Seattle was able to hit on a few home-run plays and have a 17-point lead heading into the half.It was slightly better in the last two quarter for Kyle Shanahan’s squad, as quarterback Nick Mullens was able to lead two touchdown drives and was a goal-line interception away from a third touchdown. While the final score of 43-16 may not sit well with 49ers’ coaches and players, there’s a chance to return the favor to the Seahawks, as they visit Santa Clara in two weeks. What are some of the positive aspects of this blowout loss that the 49ers can build on?1. Keep feeding wideout Dante Pettis the footballAfter trading up to draft the former Washington receiver in the 2017 NFL Draft, many had high hopes for the second-round playmaker. Unfortunately, injuries derailed his development in the early part of the season, but Pettis has come on as of late, developing good chemistry with Mullens.Pettis tied his season high for targets (7) once again this past Sunday, hauling in five catches for 129 yards and two touchdowns. Pettis was able to break free for a 75-yard play https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jerry-Rice-Jersey , in which his quick burst off the line, separation skills and finishing speed were all on display.The rookie has had the two best games of his young career in the last two games and the 49ers should continue to develop him the rest of this season. The sole focus of the remaining games this year should be towards the development of the youth on this roster — no better place to start than with Pettis.I’m sure the Seahawks’ secondary is going to be cognizant of Pettis in two weeks, but with the Legion of Boom gone, I don’t think they can slow down the ex-Husky. 2. Seahawks’ running back Chris Carson who?All season long, the buzz surrounding the Seahawks is that they have used a time machine and reverted back to their 2012 selves, playing their patented ‘ground and pound’ style. The poster child for this scheme has been the Seahawks’ late-round pick, running back Chris Carson. Take out the first two games of the season and this was Carson’s lowest number of carries this season. Remove his 23-yard run and the other 12 rushes only went for an average of 3.8 yards, which would have been the third-worst on his season. San Francisco did a solid job slowing down Carson in the run game, limiting his overall yards on the ground. That being said, as a team, the Seahawks still rushed for 168 yards, well over their season average of 148 yards per game. Pete Carroll’s team continues to be the No. 1 rushing attack in football, reminiscent of his Super Bowl days. 49ers seem to have a game plan to slow Carson down and should continue to employ what they did against the Seahawks’ leading rusher in two weeks. 3. Running back Jeff Wilson Jr. — diamond in the rough?With running back Matt Breida hurting his ankle in pre-game warmups, running back Jeff Wilson Jr. was tasked with the load. He carried the ball 15 times for 61 yards Colin Kaepernick Jersey , including a tough run where he decided to play bully ball and bowl over anyone in his path. But that wasn’t just it, Wilson Jr. also made plays out of the backfield, hauling in eight catches for 73 yards.The 49ers have been desperately trying to find another running back to balance the workload with Breida. Originally, it was supposed to be running back Jerick McKinnon and Breida, but McKinnon is out for the season. Then, it was going to be preseason star Alfred Morris, but he’s dropped off since. There were flashes of running back Raheem Mostert, but he was lost for the season with an injury. Now it’s Wilson Jr.’s turn to shine. While the Seahawks’ defense may appear to be a tough nut to crack, the easiest way to take them down is to rush the ball against them. They’re dead last in the NFL in yards per attempt, giving up 5.1 yards every time an opponent decides to rush the ball against them.With the 49ers playing from behind, they couldn’t afford to run the ball as much, but I’m sure Shanahan’s thinking of ways to exploit the leaky Seattle run defense in their next matchup.Seattle continues to present demons to the 49ers that they’ll have to unlock eventually if San Francisco wants to be at the top of this division. It becomes that much more difficult without your two best starters on offense, but San Francisco gets another crack at the Seahawks in two weeks. RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Pete Carroll looked to a Seahawks staffer with a bemused expression as he continued to field questions about a player who is no longer part of Seattle’s locker room.“Pretty good love-fest for Sherm Richard Sherman Color Rush Jersey ,” Carroll quipped.Richard Sherman’s impending return to Seattle this week has dominated the conversation and will dominate the attention leading into Sunday’s game between the Seahawks and Sherman’s new team in San Francisco. For good reason, too. Sherman remains one of the central figures in Seattle’s success during Carroll’s tenure that included the franchise’s only Super Bowl title.Yet, his time in Seattle ended with a messy separation this past offseason. It was a business decision that ultimately led to Sherman finding a new home in San Francisco. And while the relationship between Sherman and the Seahawks was at times contentious, there was respect for what he helped the franchise accomplish.“We had tremendous conversations all the way through the stages of what happened at the end,” Carroll said. “Sherm and I were sitting in my office eye-to-eye talking through everything and it was really straightforward and clear and he was handling his own business and he had to be really on top of it, which he was, and did a fantastic job for himself, too. But our communication was great.”Sherman was a three-time All-Pro during his seven seasons in Seattle. He developed from a lightly regarded fifth-round pick into one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, an anchor for Seattle’s “Legion of Boom” secondary that’s now been completely taken apart due to departures and injuries. Sherman seemed to always find his way into the center of attention, whether it was talking smack to Tom Brady after beating the Patriots in a 2012 regular-season game, antics directed toward Michael Crabtree after the 2013 NFC championship game, or barking at coaches on the sideline.It was clearly time for a change and it included some critical comments Sherman had for Carroll on his way out. Carroll said he wasn’t bothered.“I know who Sherm is. I know him way differently than you guys probably think I do. I think the world of him,” Carroll said. “There was times (when) he was here where he might have said something that I didn’t agree with and had to work through it and all that. He is his own man. He was a stud of a guy when he was here and whatever came out in the transition came out. I could care less about that.”Cornerback Shaquill Griffin thinks of Sherman as a mentor. When Griffin arrived last year as a rookie, Sherman became a guide to Griffin on how to be a pro.“I didn’t expect him to take me under his wing the way he did. That was all a surprise to me but I’m grateful that he did https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jaquiski-Tartt-Jersey ,” Griffin said. “I came in, he had open arms for me and whatever it took. I remember he told me, ‘I won’t give you so much you can’t handle unless I know you can.’ I remember after the first couple of games he was like, ‘You know what, I see you’re ready. I’m going to give you everything I know and we’re going to go from there.’ It’s not like he got paid to do stuff like that. He doesn’t. So you can tell he’s really a genuine guy.”Bobby Wagner joked there will likely be a lot of trash talking and that he won’t let Sherman get an interception even if that means coming off the sideline to make sure it doesn’t happen. Wagner became serious when asked about what kind of reception Sherman should receive. Sports radio has been filled with questions about whether Sherman should be lauded or booed upon his return.“He should be received with the loudest cheer they could possibly cheer and the warmest of welcomes. It’s not like he said, ‘I hate this team, I want to leave.’ There is a business side of everything,” Wagner said. “I would be surprised if anybody booed. If they did boo him they weren’t a Richard Sherman fan in the first place. I think he deserves the applause. He was part of the team that helped bring the city the first football championship. I wouldn’t expect anything other than respect.”NOTES: LB K.J. Wright is “away from the team” this week doing rehab on his troublesome knee that has caused him to miss the past two games, Carroll said. Wright will not play this week. … Seattle activated RB J.D. McKissic to the 53-man roster. McKissic had been out all season after suffering a foot injury in the preseason and was placed on injured reserve. He returned to practice last week.

panxing18  
panxing18

we reached out to Brett Kollman from Battle Red Blog and exchanged
Over the past three months, many provin

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor