Friday's meeting was an occasion to seize business

#1 von chitianshi520 , 26.04.2018 04:53

VANCOUVER Homme Air Max 97 OG GS Tout Blanche Solde , Jan. 1 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of Vancouverites welcomed 2015 on Thursday by taking a plunge in the ice-cold Pacific Ocean for the city's annual Polar Bear swim.

This year marks the 95th annual polar bear swim, which takes place in the English Bay in Vancouver in Canada's westernmost province of British Columbia.

Just minutes before thousands of swimmers plunged into the chilly water, organizers announced a water temperature of only three degrees Celsius.

The event has become a major New Year's day tradition in Vancouver, but few people have taken up the custom consistently. However, Terry Saik hasn't missed any Vancouver polar bear swim in 32 years.

"It's just a habit that started in high school and I haven't been able to kick it," Saik said.

By noon Air Max 2018 Femme Solde , the crowd of swimmers had built up enough courage for the frigid water, and there was nothing left to do but take the dip. Just a few seconds seemed to be enough for most of the swimmers, but not for Mak.

"It's exhilarating. It's my 8th time. I love it. It is the best way to start a new year by jumping in the cold water. I do about 10 to 15 seconds and then I go back two or three times," Mak said.

Talking about why he would brave the cold and swim on the New Year, Mak said, "You got to live. There are actors Air Max 2018 Homme Solde , and there are spectators. I think you should experience good things in life."

One swimmer took his first Polar Bear swim during his first visit to Vancouver. He said he couldn't think of a better way to get to know the city.

"It is awesome. Happy New Year!" he shouted excitedly.

Founded by Peter Pantages in 1920, the Vancouver Polar Bear swim is the largest and oldest in the world. Pantages moved to Vancouver from Greece to make the city his home.

The swim set a new record in 2014 of 2,550 official registrations.

It is reported that about 2,000 swimmers took part in the cold New Year swim on the first day of 2015.

Shanghai’s Niu Zhongjie (left) and Xu Que of Zhejiang Province pose with their WBO China Champion belts after winning their League of Fists final bouts.

China's professional boxing tournament League of Fists produced its first two champions as Xu Que and Niu Zhongjie won the final bouts in Shanghai to take the WBO China Champion belts on Sunday.

Xu of Zhejiang Province beat his Guizhou Province opponent Cheng Bingbing in an 8-round 126-pound featherweight fight while local boxer Niu overcame Wen Tao from Zhejiang in their 8-round 140-pound super lightweight bout.

League of Fists, jointly organized by American boxing promoter Top Rank and its Chinese partner SECA, has been gathering professional boxers from around the country to compete in six different weight classes. Winners take home the WBO China Champion belt specially set up by the World Boxing Organization. The country-level title will give the boxers WBO points so that they can propel themselves onto the international stage.

It’s one of the most formal titles in China’s professional boxing given the tournament’s standard organization. However VaporMax Off White Solde , there is still room for improvement at the competition level.

“The tournament can help form a talent selection and cultivation system, which will benefit China’s professional boxing in the future,” said veteran boxing reporter Zhou Chao of sina.

“Objectively, the competition level of the tournament is not yet the best. The four finalists cannot be compared to China’s best boxers in those divisions. It will be hard for them to challenge for WBO intercontinental titles,” Zhou added.

SECA hopes the tournament will attract more talented boxers in future. According to tournament director Lin Fei, they made it a point to arrange the finals of the first two bouts in Shanghai because “China’s professional boxing started in Shanghai. The city has a history for the sport and we hope a new era will begin here”.

The finals were also attended by seven retired boxers in their 80s from Shanghai and Beijing VaporMax Laceless Solde , who are erstwhile national or regional champions or runner-ups.

“I’m excited and happy to see the new generation,” said 84-year-old Li Zhengting, a four-time Shanghai Boxing Championship winner from 1950 to 1953. “I was always an amateur, but boxing brought me much joy. It directed me in both my personal life and career.”

Yao Ming, three-time Olympian, seven-time NBA ALL star and Beijing 2022 ambassador Air Max 97 Femme Solde , delivers a speech during Beijing's 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid presentation at the 128th International Olympic Committee (IOC) session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on July 31, 2015. The session will decide the host cities of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games and the 2020 Youth Olympic Winter Games. (XinhuaWang Lili) Yang Yang, two-time Olympic champion in short track, International Olympic Committee (IOC) member and Beijing 2022 ambassador Air Max 97 Homme Solde , delivers a speech during Beijing's 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid presentation at the 128th International Olympic Committee (IOC) session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on July 31, 2015. The session will decide the host cities of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games and the 2020 Youth Olympic Winter Games. (XinhuaWang Lili) Wang Anshun, Beijing mayor and president of the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid Committee, delivers a speech during Beijing's 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid presentation at the 128th IOC session in Kuala Lumpur Air Max 97 Bleu Solde , Malaysia, on July 31, 2015. The session will decide the host cities of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games and the 2020 Youth Olympic Winter Games. (XinhuaGong Lei) Liu Peng, president of the Chinese Olympic Committee and minister of the General Administration of Sport of China, delivers a speech during Beijing's 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid presentation at the 128th IOC session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Air Max 97 Or Solde , on July 31, 2015. The session will decide the host.

chitianshi520  
chitianshi520

U.S. arms makers are counting on increased foreign sales
I'm delighted I've won the Dakar! It's fantastic because

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor